SUMMARY: 5 Tips for a Better Night Sleep!
- Shut down those electronics!! Shut them down about 20 to 30 minutes no matter what before you go to bed. The reason this is so important is because that L.E.D. blue light on your phone signals our brains to stay awake. If that signal is happening melatonin cannot be released and until melatonin is released all the other sleep hormones necessary in REM don’t happen.
- Stop eating about three or four hours before bed. This gives your body time to digest that and we can focus on all that repair that needs to happen!
- Limit your alcohol before bed. I know it's not fun but it really does make a difference in terms of sleep. Have you ever noticed that when you go out and you have a restless night’s sleep and you wake up feeling groggy and foggy? That's because your body was taking time removing and purging those toxins as opposed to focusing on the cellular repair.
- Read or meditate before bed! It will put you in a much more blissful space as you go to sleep.
- Sleep in a pitch black room if you can. The darker the better - it should be like a cave in there! Also keep it really cold (between 65 and 70 degrees). Our thermostat is set at 68 degrees every single night!
I wish you a fantastic night sleep and a blissful morning.
Love big, live vibrantly and shine bright my friends!